Cloning is a controversial
subject and many groups have an opinion about whether it is something that
should be banned.
Few people realize though,
that cloning is just a small part of the work that is being done with the DNA and cells of animals and plants.
In this assignment you
will use the internet to explore 3 topics in genetic research and form a
personal opinion on each.
Answer ALL the following questions:
- What is a clone?
- Under what circumstances does cloning occur
- What are two examples of species that can
- Who is “Dolly”?
- Describe how “Dolly” was created. You may want
to cut and paste a diagram for this.
- In what ways are identical twins different?
- Would cloning create identical people?
- What is the point of “non-reproductive human
- What is the WHO?
- What is their position on human cloning?
- What are 3 arguments in favour
- What are 3 arguments against cloning?
- In 50 words or more state your position on
Stem Cell Research
- What are stem cells?
- Why are scientists interested in embryonic
- What could stem cells be used for?
- What is Parkinson’s disease?
- How is it hoped stem cell research can assist
sufferers of Parkinson’s disease?
- What are 3 arguments for stem cell research?
- What are 3 arguments against stem cell
- In 50 words or more state your position on Stem
Genetically Modified Food
- What is a genetically modified food?
- What are 3 arguments for genetically modified
- What are 3 arguments against genetically
- In 50 words or more state your position on Genetically